South Arturo

Located along the northern section of the productive Carlin Trend, i-80 holds a 40% interest in the South Arturo Property in partnership with Nevada Gold Mines, a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation and Newmont Corporation, that owns the remaining 60% interest.

The South Arturo Property includes both open-pit and underground mineral reserves and resources that remain open for expansion. The El Niño underground mine at South Arturo achieved commercial production in the third quarter of 2019, with mineralized material being processed primarily at Nevada Gold Mines Goldstrike Mine processing facility located approximately 8km South.

The partnership is currently advancing several additional potential development opportunities including the Phase 1, Phase 3 and potential heap leach projects. An updated mineral reserve and mineral resource estimate is expected to be completed in 2021.

QUICK FACTS

 

 

OWNERSHIP

40% i-80 Gold, 60% Nevada Gold Mines

LOCATION

Carlin Trend – Northern Nevada

 

Mine Life

2 years (UG) 7 years (OP)

MINING STYLE

Open-pit & Underground

 

PRODUCTION

23,488oz  (2020)

 

Operating costs (2020)

Cash Costs – $1,023/oz

AISC – $1,122/oz

 

P+P RESERVES (attributable to i-80)

3,800 kt @ 2.87 g/t for 350.5 koz

 

M&I RESOURCES (attributable to i-80)

19,992 kt @ 1.20 g/t Au for 768.3 kozs

 

INFERRED RESOURCES (attributable to i-80)

10,177 kt @ 0.99 g/t for 322.4 oz

 

TECHNICAL REPORTS

 South Arturo, Elko County, Nevada (Jan 25, 2021)

 

GEOLOGY

The South Arturo Mine is located on the northern end of the Carlin Trend, approximately 54 km northwest of Carlin, NV. The site sits approximately 8 km northwest of Nevada Gold Mines’ Goldstrike mine where the majority of ore from South Arturo is processed.

Mineralization at the South Arturo mine is similar to other gold-bearing carbonate replacement deposits of the northern Carlin Trend, most notably, breccia-hosted mineralization at the nearby Meikle deposit. The original discoveries in the South Arturo area included the Dee and Storm deposits, where a window through the Devonian-Mississippian Roberts Mountains Thrust exposed lower plate shelf and slope facies carbonates, which are receptive host rocks for typical Carlin-style deposits. The South Arturo Project includes the completed east lobe Phase 2 (Button Hill) open pit and the active El Niño underground mine that is accessed from the bottom of the Phase 2 pit.  South Arturo mineralization is predominantly hosted in silicified to dolomitized dissolution-collapse breccias near the top of the Silurian-Devonian Bootstrap Limestone and in siliceous argillites and mudstones of the overlying Devonian Rodeo Creek Formation. As with other Carlin-style deposits, slightly acidic gold- and sulfur-bearing hydrothermal fluids caused dissolution of silty carbonate host rocks, which promoted alteration in the form of decarbonatization, silicification, and dolomitization. Sulfidation of the host rocks by the hydrothermal fluids facilitated gold deposition within arsenic-rich pyrite rims on pre-ore pyrite in silicified heterolithic breccias, silica-sulfide breccias, dolomite breccias, and cavity fill breccias. A Miocene epithermal system overprints Carlin-style mineralization in places and is responsible for higher silver values relative to other deposits on the Carlin trend.

Title Address Description
South Arturo
Elko County, NV, USA

IMAGE GALLERY